Your unofficial transcript contains information about your enrollment and courses at UW–Madison:
- your courses, majors, certificates, and degrees
- grades, credits, and total GPA
- changes in your academics, like dropped classes or grade changes
- Dean’s List or similar awards
- notes from dean’s offices and advisors
- dates of your enrollment at UW–Madison
Your unofficial transcript is different from your official transcript because it includes details like dean’s office notes, which are not part of the transcript. The transcript is printed on security paper or encrypted as a secure PDF so other organizations can trust that it is authentic. The unofficial transcript is a plain PDF that you can easily get yourself, when you need a summary of your academic history at UW–Madison.
Get your Unofficial Transcript
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 2010 to present: go Student Center via MyUW.
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 1979 to Summer 2010: go to Student Center via MyInfo.
- Go to “Academic Records”
- Select “View unofficial transcript”
- Select “unofficial transcript” from the drop down, and click “Submit”
- Check the box next to the request date and click “View Report,” to view a PDF version
If you are unable to access Student Center, you can request an unofficial transcript in person at our office. Picture ID, preferably a student ID, is required. There is a limit of one copy per student per visit; however, they are printed on plain paper and you can easily make your own copies.