A Certified Electronic Diploma Overview
UW-Madison now offers digital diplomas! These are certified electronic credentials know as a CeDiploma! Watch an Overview video to learn more.
A certified electronic diploma is an official, portable, and secure PDF version of your diploma that can be shared with employers, agencies, licensing boards, educational institutions: anyone who needs to verify your achievement.
Certified electronic diplomas are available, at no cost, to students whose UW–Madison degree was awarded in December 2015 or after.
How to Access Your Digital Diploma
You will receive an email with a link to download your credential when it is available from our trusted partner, CeCredentialTrust. To request a new download link, please use the CeCredential Trust site to resend the link.
The Benefits of Going Digital
It’s a secure, verifiable, and official PDF you can share!
- Employers love the CeDiploma! It is simple to read, easy to understand, and is directly validated by your institution in seconds.
- Enjoy unlimited sharing with family, friends, and employers. You can even share it on social media!
- Show instant proof of your education using Validation Services.
- Save the PDF on as many devices as you want.
- Enhance your resume by adding the CeDiD* and validation URL directly to it! CeDiD = a unique 12-digit Certified Electronic Document Identifier.
*Note: For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed. For additional information about digital credentials, their feature, trademarks and patents, please visit cecredntialtrust.com.
An Apostille may neither be required nor necessary. The CeDiploma has legal standing, in non-repudiating, and can be validated here to provide absolute confidence in the credential’s authenticity.