The University of Wisconsin–Madison plans to begin fall classes as scheduled on September 2 and offer in-person instruction in many courses until the Thanksgiving recess, at which time the last nine days of instructions will occur virtually. To safeguard the health of the community, the university will enact the “Smart Restart” plan, which outlines the university’s approach to dealing with major issues such as instruction, health and safety, housing and dining and more.
In order to adhere to safety guidelines, staff will be working remotely as of 8am, Monday, March 16th. However, Office of the Registrar (RO) team members are continuing to be available to students, staff, faculty, and alumni. RO staff will not be available for any in-person visitors, but continue to be able to answer phones, actively monitor emails and provide most services virtually. The UW community is encouraged to continue communicating by email and to send any attachments, forms, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
phone options for questions:
Faculty and staff, press 1 then
- press 1 | curriculum support, including schedule of classes and classroom scheduling
- press 2 | credit evaluation services, including transfer of undergraduate course or test credits
- press 3 | all other questions, including grading and degree questions
- press 4 | to hear the options again
All other callers, including students, press 2 then
- press 1 | Bursar’s Office and billing or tuition assessment
- press 2 | Office of Admissions & Recruitment and application status inquiry
- press 3 | transfer of course or test credits for undergraduate students
- press 4 | assistance enrolling in classes or questions about MyUW Student Center
- press 5 | Residency status
- press 6 | all other inquiries, including student records, UW-Madison transcripts, certifications and diplomas
- press 7 | to hear the options again
or contact a specific service area using the email addresses below.
In your email please provide the following: (1) Name, (2) Campus ID, and (3) a detailed description of feedback, request or inquiry.
|Course Search & Enroll help||read more||608-264-4357|
|Residence for tuition purposes||read more||608-262-1355|
|Credit Evaluation Services||read more||608-890-4000|
|Curricular Services||read more||608-262-6345|
|Degree Audit Encoding Services||read email@example.com|
|Data requests and institutional data||read more||use the form on this page for a data request.|