This $65 one-time fee is charged to all first-time UW–Madison students on their first-semester tuition bill.
The fee pays the costs of various official documents that you will likely use as a UW–Madison student.
- unlimited official transcripts*
- unlimited degree verifications
- unlimited enrollment verifications
- unlimited voter enrollment verification letters
- unlimited university-related and third party document certification
- unlimited university-related notary services
- original diploma
(*We reserve the right to refuse large-volume transcript orders if there is no valid reason for the large quantity.)
Documents not covered by this fee are official transcripts or diplomas if you have a hold on your academic record; duplicate diplomas; certified electronic diplomas; any degree verification or enrollment verification letters initiated by someone other than you (such as a potential employer). Expedited courier delivery of documents is not included in this fee.
If you graduated or withdrew from UW–Madison and are returning to enroll in new courses, you don’t need to pay the fee again. It’s a one-time fee and gives you access to these documents for no additional charge throughout your UW–Madison career and as an alumnus.