A certified electronic diploma is an official, portable, and secure PDF version of your diploma that can be shared with employers, agencies, licensing boards, educational institutions: anyone who needs to verify your achievement.
Certified electronic diplomas are available to students whose UW–Madison degree was awarded in December 2015 or after.
There is a $10.95 charge. Certified electronic diplomas are optional and not included in the student official-document fee.
Validate a CeDiploma®
To verify that the degree information matches your official UW–Madison academic records, use the 12-digit CeDID in the form below. This ID is in the upper left corner of the CeDiploma®.
An Apostille may neither be required nor necessary. The CeDiploma has legal standing, is non-repudiating, and can be validated here to provide absolute confidence in the credential’s authenticity.
More than a paper credential
- An official, secure and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment!
Different from a transcript
- Unlimited sharing with family, friends, employers and social media.
- Proof of education with only the important details.
- Simple for employers to read and understand.
Better than an eDiploma
- Each credential provides a unique 12-digit CeDiD*.
- The CeDiD allows for instant proof of your accomplishment using Validation Services.
Enhances your resume
- Expedite the verification process by providing your CeDiD and validation URL on your resume.
*CeDiD (Certified Electronic Document Identifier)
- Each CeDiploma and/or CeCertificate can be independently validated here by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted, providing greater trust and acceptance.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Note: A credential may not be available for all conferral dates.
For additional information about the Certified Electronic Credential and its features, please visit cecredentialtrust.com