Your student record, also referred to as an unofficial transcript or campus copy transcript, is available through self-service in your Student Center by following these steps:
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 2010 to present: login to your Student Center via MyUW.
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 1979 to Summer 2010: login to your Student Center via MyInfo.
- Go to “My Academics”
- Click on “Request my student record”
- Confirm your email address
- Decide if you want to include course attributes information and click “yes” or “no”
- Click “Request Student Record”
- After a couple minutes, check your email for a message from the Office of the Registrar
- Open the email and download the attached PDF of your student record
*Note: Student records carry neither the official UW-Madison seal nor the Registrar’s signature. They are not official university documents.
Along with course information, student records include student memoranda (e.g., a Dean’s Action) that are not printed on official transcripts. Student records are provided to students, deans, and advisors for personal and internal campus uses only, such as student advising.
If you are unable to access your Student Center, you may request a student record in person at our office, 333 East Campus Mall, #10101. One form of picture identification, preferably a student ID, is required. There is a limit of one copy per student per visit; however, they are printed on plain paper and may be easily copied.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: If a UW-Madison college, school, department, or facility (e.g., Memorial Library, the Language Lab) has placed a “hold” on your student record, a “release” from the unit placing the hold will be required before you can receive a transcript. We advise that you check for holds on your record before making any transcript or student record request. You may check for holds through the “Holds” module in your Student Center. Instructions for doing so are here.