Your Student Record, also called an unofficial transcript or campus copy transcript, contains information about your enrollment and courses at UW–Madison:
- your courses, majors, certificates, and degrees
- grades, credits, and total GPA
- changes in your academics, like dropped classes or grade changes
- Dean’s List or similar awards
- notes from dean’s offices and advisors
- dates of your enrollment at UW–Madison
Your Student Record is different from your official transcript because it includes details like dean’s office notes, which are not part of the transcript. The transcript is printed on security paper or encrypted as a secure PDF so other organizations can trust that it is authentic. The Student Record is a plain PDF that you can easily get yourself, when you just need a quick summary of your academic history.
Get your Student Record
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 2010 to present: go Student Center via MyUW.
- Students enrolled in a term from Fall 1979 to Summer 2010: go to Student Center via MyInfo.
- Go to “My Academics.”
- Select “Request my student record.”
- Confirm or update your email address. (Current students will always have their Student Record sent to their wisc.edu address.)
- Decide if you want to include course attributes information and select “yes” or “no.”
- Select the “Request Student Record” button.
- An email will arrive in few couple minutes from the Office of the Registrar, with your Student Record attached as a PDF.
If you are unable to access Student Center, you can request a Student Record in person at our office. Picture ID, preferably a student ID, is required. There is a limit of one copy per student per visit; however, they are printed on plain paper and may be easily copied.