Resources for Spring 2021 Disruption Grading Option

Dear Students:

More details on the special grading option for spring 2021 are now available on the Office of the Registrar website.

The option applies to all students enrolled in courses that award A-F grades, with the exception of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and Law School students enrolled in courses in those programs.

After receiving final grades, starting May 8, eligible students may choose to convert their letter grade in any course to either: SD (Satisfactory-Disruption) or UD (University Disruption-No Credit). 

The SD grade will count for all University General Education, degree/major, certificate, and PhD minor requirements and will satisfy future course prerequisites. The UD will not count for any credit. Neither of the new grades will be included in GPA calculations.

Please visit the website for more information including detailed FAQs. More information will be added, so remember to refresh the page each time you visit for the most updated information.

We strongly encourage you to talk to your advisor or graduate program coordinator if you have questions about whether to use this option. 



Wren Singer, Associate Vice Provost, Advising and Career Services

Scott Owczarek, University Registrar