Presentations & Publications
Presentations & Publications
Administrative Roles and Responsibilities
- WACRAO 2016: Flat is the New Black: Implement a Flat Fee for Official Documents, Jeremy Traska.
- WACRAO 2016: You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks: Leadership Development for Experienced Professionals, Beth Warner.
- AACRAO 2016: Too much work and not enough staff? Student Employees to the Rescue! (PDF), Keri Allard.
- AACRAO 2016: "Naked Emperor" to Promote Organizational Change (PDF), Keri Allard & Scott Owczarek.
- AACRAO 2016: Flat is the New Black: Implement a Flat Fee for Official Documents, Scott Owczarek & Jeremy Traska.
- Alliance 2016: Using a Community of Practice to Support Change in Curricular Management, Will Lipske.
- AACRAO Tech 2015: Students Rethink the Office of the Registrar's Space to Enhance Collaboration, Creativity, and Engagement, Grace Cervantes, Robyn Connors, Emily Cruz & Scott Owczarek.
- AACRAO 2015: Driving Student Success Initiatives In Higher Education, Brian Canavan, Rob Fitzgerald, Scott Owczarek & Emily Shandley.
- Showcase 2013: Leading a SEA Change with the Office of the Registrar, Scott Owczarek & Jeremy Traska. Poster design by Ryan Evans.
- WACRAO 2013: From Knowing the Answers to Asking the Questions: How Career Changes You...Learning Your (New) Culture, Greta Petersen & Beth Warner.
- AACRAO Tech 2012: How the Role of the Registrar on Campuses has Impacted Changes in Organizational Structure, Scott Owczarek.
- AACRAO Tech 2012: From Ad-Hocery to Organized Chaos: Advisors, Enterprise Architects, Registrars, and Technologists working together to improve undergraduate advising, Scott Owczarek, Jim Phelps, & Jeff Shokler.
- WACRAO 2011: SCUBA: Not Just another Deep Dive Experience (transfer credit evaluation),Adele Brumfield & Scott Owczarek.
- EduCause Oct 2010: "Why Build When You Can Dream," Karen Hanson & Jim Phelps.
- AARB at WACRAO: From Ad hocery to Organized Chaos: Advisors, Enterprise Architects, Registrars and Technologists working together to improve undergraduate advising, Scott Owczarek, Jim Phelps, & Jeffrey Shokler.
Privacy and Access
- AACRAO Tech 2015: A Collaborative Approach: Academia, Administration, and IT Moving the University Towards Information Literacy Through Data Governance, Jason Fishbain & Scott Owczarek.
- EduCause & Internet2 CAMP 2009: The Big Picture: Introduction to Identity and Access Management, Karen Hanson & John Ellis.
- EduCause & Internet2 CAMP 2009: Panelist on "Governance and the Student Lie Cycle: Who Gets to Say Who Has a Say?" Karen Hanson.
- Publication: AACRAO College and University: "The Electronic FERPA: Access in the Digital Age Identity and Access Management for Student Records Professionals," Karen Hanson, Mark McConahay, Ann West & Dean Woodbeck.
- Showcase 2016: Listless: Improvements in the Undergraduate Certificate Process, Tristin Marotz, DJ Mattison & Sarah Kuba.
- National Policy Summit on Reverse Transfer 2016: Awarding Credit Where it is Due: Using Reverse Transfer to Support Associate Degree Completion, Scott Owczarek, Lori Sebranek & Diane Treis Rusk.
- WACADA Fall Pre-Conference 2015: Awarding Credit Where it is due: Using Reverse Transfer to Support Associate Degree Completion, Scott Owczarek, Lori Sebranek & Diane Treis Rusk.
- WACRAO 2015: The Extended Transcript Discussion, Scott Owczarek.
- B1G Spring Meetings: Advanced Continuing Eligibility 2015, Tristin Marotz & Dan Rohrer
- Reverse Transfer Policy Summit 2015, Reverse Transfer Partnerships: State of Wisconsin and a National Perspective, Scott Owczarek & Lori Sebranek.
- AACRAO 2014: Getting to the Finish Line, Connie Chapman & Josh Lind.
- AACRAO 2014: Student Mobility and Graduation Through Community College and University Reverse Transfer Partnerships, Scott Owczarek.
- WACRAO 2014: Different Approaches to Reverse Transfer, Scott Owczarek.
- AACRAO Tech 2012: Smarter Registration: Enhancing Registration to Improve the Student Experience, Aaron Apel.
- AACRAO Tech 2012, WACRAO 2011, Higher Education Users Group Upper Midwest Regional Conference 2011: Selecting Classes and Student Scheduling: An Integrated Solution- Course Guide Overview with College Scheduler integration, Aaron Apel.
- Higher Education Users Group Midwest Regional Conference 2011: Helping Student's Plan and Schedule Courses: UW-Madison's Course Guide and integration with College Scheduler, Aaron Apel.
- AACRAO 2009: Providing Students with Detailed Course Information, Karen Hanson & Kasi Williamson.
- UMACRAO 2006: Online Ordering of Official Transcripts, Leah Meicher.
- Working with the National Student Clearinghouse to learn about UW-Madison students, Clare Huhn & Phil Hull.
- AACRAO 2016: Veteran and Service Member Education Benefit Data Flow Re-Engineering Project, Marc Barker, Chris Cate, Shelby Stanfield, Doug Falk & Scott Owczarek.
- Veteran Brief Academic Advisor Conference 2013: Student-Veterans at UW-Madison, John Bechtol & Joe Rasmussen.
- AACRAO 2016: How Did Peter Piper Pick His Projects and Prune His Project Pipeline?, Aaron Apel & Scott Owczarek.
- ITANA 2015: Enterprise Architecture and the Constituent-Centered Approach, Scott Fullerton, Keith Hazelton, & Scott Owczarek.
- AACRAO Tech 2015: How Did Peter Piper Pick His Projects and Prune His Project Pipeline?, Leslie Gardner & Phil Hull.
- AACRAO 2014: Three Perspectives, One Goal: Data Driven Communication Strategies, Ingrid Nuttall, Tonya Roth, & Jeremy Traska.
- WACRAO/UMACRO Conference, Nov. 9, 2012:
ThreeFour perspectives, one goal: Data-driven communication strategies, Ingrid Nuttall, Melissa Perez, Tonya Roth, & Jeremy Traska.
- WACRAO/UMACRO Nov. 9, 2012: Mobile Apps, Mobile Web, and Other Cool Tools, Michael Hostad & Scott Owczarek.
- Wisconsin Higher Education PeopleSoft Users Group, 2009: Residency Communications - Setup and Configuration of PeopleSoft 3C's, Aaron Apel.
- AACRAO IDM Workshop 2009: Identity Management: an essential part of the registrar's toolkit, Karen Hanson, Keith Hazelton, Mark McConahay & Ann West.
- Alliance 2009: Equation Engine - Student Financials Amount Equations and Adjustment Calendars,Aaron Apel.
- WACRAO 2007: Mythbusters: Using "Student Tracker" to find out what your students are really doing, Clare Huhn, Phill Hull, & Don Gwynn.
- WACRAO/UMACRAO Joint Conference 2006: Dashboards in Higher Education, Gary Essenmacher, Jason Haverly, Kathy Luker, & Phil Hull.
Tuition, Fees and Residency
- Alliance 2015: Automating Residency Decisions – Lighten the Load for Applicants and Staff, Aaron Apel.
- AACRAO 2014: Automated Processes Make Residency for Tuition Decisions Easier than Finding a Date Online, Aaron Apel & Jared Morosco.
- AACRAO Tech 2013: Automated Residency Decisions Made Easy, Aaron Apel.
- WACRAO 2013: Residency Decisions Made Easy: UW-Madison’s Automated Process, Aaron Apel.
- 2011 UW-System Residency Appeals Committee Training Workshop, Anne Bilder, Suzanne Broadberry, Cathy Glennon, Kathryne Kiefer, Margo Ptacek, & Paige Reed.
- UW-System 2011: Roles and Responsibilities of Residency Official and of the Appeals Committee, Suzanne Broadberry & Margo Ptacek.
- 2010 UW-System Residency for Tuition Purposes Workshop, Anne Bilder, Suzanne Broadberry, Cathy Glennon, Kathryne Kiefer, Margo Ptacek, & Paige Reed.
- Wisconsin Higher Education Users Group Conference 2005: Deans Drop Request Page, Craig Stevens.
- Higher Education Users Group Conference 2004: Charge by Term/Adjust by Session, Craig Stevens.
- Wisconsin Higher Education Users Group Conference 2004: Advanced Tuition Calculation Setup, Aaron Apel & Craig Stevens.
- Higher Education Users Group Conference 2003: Withdrawals and adjustment calendars: a how to process, Craig Stevens.
- Wisconsin Higher Education Users Group Conference 2003: Tuition Calc Methodology - How does PeopleSoft Tuition Calc Process Enrollment Activity?, Craig Stevens.
- WACRAO 2016: What’s In Your Smoothie? The Registrar’s Office Wellness Group, Tristin Marotz, DJ Mattison, and Joe Rasmussen.
- Showcase 2016: What’s In Your Smoothie? The Registrar’s Office Wellness Group, Tristin Marotz, DJ Mattison, and Scott Owczarek.