Admissions-Related Information

Students who are new to UW-Madison and students who have been out of school for one term or longer should visit the UW-Madison Admissions page for further information. Graduate and professional students should contact their departments for further information.

Campus ID

Your student campus ID number is an essential part of your record at UW-Madison and will be associated with your permanent record. Your ID number is a university generated ten digit number (e.g. 9000001234). For questions regarding your ID number, contact Transcripts and Certifications within the Office of the Registrar:

Office of the Registrar, Transcripts and Certifications
333 East Campus Mall, #10101
Madison, WI 53715
Phone: (608) 262-3811


*Note: To receive your student campus ID number, presentation of valid photo identification will be required.


In order to get access to My UW, students must activate their NetID. The NetID is based upon the students name sometimes with additional characters. In My UW, students obtain access to services like the Student Center, course material, campus email and more.

Students with Disabilities

The McBurney Disability Resource Center is the campus contact for students and guests with disabilities. Students needing disability-related accommodations, including requesting relocation of a course scheduled in an inaccessible facility, should contact the center as soon as possible.

McBurney Disability Resource Center
702 W. Johnson Street
Suite 2104
Madison, WI 53715
Phone: (608) 263-2741
Fax: (608) 265-2998


For information on campus accessibility, contact the Facilities Access Specialist:

Phone: (608) 263-3021 or (608) 265-5147


For accessible parking, contact Transportation Services at (608) 263-6666.