The Office of the Registrar supports the teaching and learning mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison by providing essential enrollment, curricular, and student record services to the campus community.
We strive to:
- Maintain the integrity of all core functions;
- Develop staff, both professional and student, to progress in their desired career that leads to an enjoyable, productive and stimulating workplace;
- Collaborate and engage with the campus community to ensure we efficiently and effectively meet the needs of faculty, staff and students;
- Continuously support the teaching and learning mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and embrace the Wisconsin idea;
- Become a national model known for creativity, innovation and services which places us at the forefront of our profession.
Administration, Reporting and Eligibility Services
The Administration, Reporting and Eligibility Services (ARES) area provides the Office of Registrar with administrative oversight, finance, human resources, communications, and operational support. ARES also fulfills student record data requests, provides student data reporting and outreach, and determines and certifies athletic eligibility and veterans’ benefit eligibility.
Jeremy Traska, Assistant Registrar for Administration, Reporting, and Eligibility Services
Application Development and Technical Services
The Application Development & Technical Services (ATDS) area manages overall infrastructure setup and maintenance of Office of the Registrar data systems. This includes SIS set-up and processes, project management, identity and access management, enterprise data management and security, desktop support, and network services.
Curricular and Academic Management Services
The Curricular and Academic Management Services (CAMS) area supports the administrative implementation of curricular and academic programs and policies within UW–Madison’s schools and colleges. CAMS activities include SIS course catalog management; prerequisite creation and enforcement; Schedule of Classes oversight, support and auditing; course and instructor data maintenance; classroom-assignments administration and support; academic course planning; enrollment controls coordination and outreach; Lumen and MARC implementation and management; degree audit system encoding, coordination and support; and coordination for campus undergraduate certificate programs.
L. Sherrán Pak
The Student Services area is involved in recording and accessing information on the student record from the time a student applies for admission to after graduation. This can include residence for tuition determination, course enrollment, academic and demographic updates to the student record, transcript production, enrollment and degree verification, and diploma services.
Keri Allard, Assistant Registrar for Student Services