A letter certifying enrollment status (full-time, half-time, etc.) can be obtained using one of the following methods:
- Visit the Office of the Registrar, 333 East Campus Mall, #10101 for in-person service: 7:45 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Print a free grade report and/or obtain a free certification from the National Student Clearinghouse by selecting the My Academics tab in the Student Center in My UW
- If letter is needed for voting purpose, read section below
- Email a request to which will be delivered via US Postal Service or fax*
- Send a written request (enclose a pre-address, pre-stamped envelope) to the mailing address below*:
*Provide the following information:
- Full name of student
- Student ID number (if known)
- Birth date of student
- Semester(s) needed for verification
- Recipient name and mailing address or recipient name and fax number
- Allow 1-2 business days for processing in addition to mail transit time.
Voting and need an Enrollment Verification?
- This will produce a letter that meets all Government Accountability Board requirements for voting in Wisconsin. The other enrollment verification letter is produced by the National Student Clearinghouse and is not valid for voting purposes
- For additional voting information, visit uc.wisc.edu/vote
Please be aware that dropping below full-time may affect loan repayment, financial aid, insurance and/or other enrollment related matters.