The Office of the Registrar supports the teaching and learning mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison by providing essential enrollment, curricular, and student record services to the campus community.
We often work behind the scenes to provide student record information (degree audit, transcripts, etc.), enrollment and degree verification, up-to-date catalog and timetable information (including classroom scheduling), enrollment services (including web enrollment, the assessment of tuition and fees, and determination of residency for tuition purposes) for campus.
Our office also ensures academic eligibility for our student athletes and provides benefit services to ourstudent veterans. We ensure student privacy in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)and ensure that electronic access to record information is secure and efficient.
In concert with the goals of the Division of Enrollment Management, the Office of the Registrar strives to:
- Maintain the integrity of all core functions;
- Develop staff, both professional and student, to progress in their desired career way that leads to an enjoyable, productive and stimulating workplace;
- Collaborate and engage with the campus community to ensure we efficiently and effectively meet the needs of faculty, staff and students;
- Continuously support the teaching and learning mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and embrace the Wisconsin idea;
- Become a national model known for creativity, innovation and services which places us at the forefront of our profession.